Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sue Derge.

So last night my high school art teacher, Pat Reiher with whom I still stay in contact with, invited my Mother and I to a showing of some of her recent work along with work of close creative friends of hers. I have been to one other showing of theirs a couple of years ago, but sadly haven't been able to attend until now due to my time-consuming major. (Anyone out there who thinks a Fine Arts major is 'easy' I won't hesitate to tell you horror stories!)

My mom bought earrings and a necklace from Pat, so if she doesn't already have them hidden from me I'll try to take a pic and post it too. These are the earrings I purchased last night which were made by Sue Derge. Amazing aren't they? And I snagged them for $20, finally a handmade work of wearable art in my price range! I treasure anything made by someone I know or something made locally so this really is a prize for me. OK, I'll stop gushing now...

1 comment: