Friday, December 3, 2010

Angi Dowland-My Perfect Beads.






Angi is a local artist living and working out of my hometown in Wisconsin. To my friends she is better known as "The Bead Lady" and has now started her own shop on Etsy! Currently she is listing many antique pendants, charms and of course strings of beads. The top two images are of the latest necklace I purchased from her at our last "Jewelry Party" where Angi displays all of her jewelry and we invite people to come and take a look around. Isn't it stunning though? And the Indian head penny, awesomeness.

I know I have said this time and time again. But seriously, purchasing something that is handmade locally is so precious. Not to mention that if any of Angi's pieces need mending over time she will fix it for you at no cost. Just for the pride of her work, so you know you're always in good hands. It's artist's like this that push me to make sure every detail of my own work is as it should be.

Check Angi's shop out here!!

1 comment:

  1. wow Alyssia.........you rock and thanks for the kind words :-) It's very nice and very true that A person selling jewelry is usually quite passionate about her/his quality of work and just loves their stash. Sometimes I want to keep 'em all because of the memories of how I "happened" upon a piece and the fun chats with other passionate bead collectors or stone junkies. You are a sweet and special girl and will do very well where ever you chose to focus your talents!!!

    ReplyDelete